Wednesday 16 May 2012

National Flash Fiction Day

It's today, apparently. If I'd had more planning and not been at work so much, I might have tried my hand at a story especially for today.

But I haven't.

All I can do is cheat and point you, dear reader, in the direction of things I've previously written.

My own personal favourite of all the flash I've written is Route A66 up at Shotgun Honey. The reason it's my favourite? When I wrote the ending, actual shivers went down my spine. I spent the rest of the day unable to get the story out of my head.

Flash fiction's been a bit short on the ground for me this year. I used to churn out one or two a week, but the ideas aren't coming as easily as before. Must try harder. I'll have to revisit Flash Fiction Friday as they give you a theme which, if your brain isn't coming up with ideas, makes it that much easier.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

i'd read it already but went back for a refresher.

I do like this one...makes me want to know more.

Is there more??????

Charlie Wade said...

Thanks Kym

There's more in my head, but that's where it's staying! Realistically If I was to make it longer, the ending's already known so there'd be no surprises.

Post a Comment